East Herts Council
SG13 8EQ 15 July 2021
Attn: Mr Stephen Tapper
Dear Mr Tapper
Bishop’s Stortford Civic Federation (BSCF) has become aware that many elements of the above application do not comply with the requirements or recommendations set out for their respective elements in the Design Principles Document. They include:
- Overall and local housing densities
- Heights of various building with respect to their location
- Relationships with the wider landscape
- Building setbacks along the primary street
- Frontages on all of the streets
- Building lines and other matters along the green ways.
BSCF also learned from Hertfordshire Police that it is finding it difficult to deal effectively with the current level of organised crime on Stortford Fields and considers, amongst other things, that the number of homes being built and their layout is a contributory factor.
I am therefore writing on behalf of BSCF to object to the application and ask that permission is not given until the plans have been revised to comply with the middle of the ranges and other specified objectives stated in the Design Principles Document, as well as facilitating easier and more effective crime management.